Dental Crowns In Calabasas & West Los Angeles
For those seeking dental crowns in West Los Angeles, there is no better option than Calabasas Dental Group and California Dental Care. That’s because our offices are home to acclaimed dental expert Dr. Farzad Feiz. As a leading West Los Angeles dentist, Dr. Feiz provides a variety of general dental, periodontal and orthodontic treatments, including dental crowns in West Los Angeles.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped "cap" that is placed over a tooth, covering the tooth and restoring its shape, size and strength, as well as often improving the tooth's appearance. At Calabasas Dental Group and California Dental Care, our expert dental team is usually able to prepare a tooth for a crown in no more than two dentist visits.
The first step of performing a dental crown procedure involves examining and preparing the tooth. In the second visit, one of our dentists will perform the crown placement of the permanent crown. When cemented into place, the dental crowns at our West Los Angeles- and San Fernando Valley-based facilities will fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
There are many reasons why an individual might benefit from dental crown. Some uses of dental crowns by the Los Angeles-based Dr. Feiz include:
- To protect a tooth from breaking that has been weakened by decay or other issues
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To hold together parts of a cracked tooth